- Some background information about myself
- Happily Married for almost 21 years, Mom of 4, 2 daughters and twin boys, Jacque began teaching Fitness Classes while in College which led to her first job managing Fitness Centers in Philadelphia. After working in Corporate America and being a stay at home mom, Jacque got back into training through her children’s athletics which she has coached some sport for her children for the last 14 years. Her favorite sport is basketball, which she played in college and currently coaches girls basketball at Providence and her twin boys recreational leagues. Jacque has been teaching at The Gym for the last two years as well as being a Co-owner.
- Why I love The Gym
- The Gym is a second home to me. If I am not teaching a class I will take a class. It also can be a family affair as I enjoy working out with my Husband and now even our teenage daughters. The thing I love the most is The Gym offers so much. If I want to do weights and cardio I can do that one day, another day I can get a great calorie burn taking cycle class or use our Sleds on the Turf to push myself, if I want to get a full body workout and a great calorie burn I will take a Bootcamp or XFit. I am someone who loves to work out, I am truly enthusiastic about it. I take each workout as a challenge and The Gym always takes me to a new level. I also love the people. As an instructor I feel like I take a personal interest in those I come across. You spend at least an hour or more a day with the people in classes so you get to know them, I love seeing them enjoy themselves and also complaining to me when I am pushing them(that I love the most!). Other people working out really motivate me as well. I admire a lot of the members and our trainers and their work ethic. I think with age you gain the ability to accept yourself and admire others rather then be envious. There are so many people I admire at the gym , some I am able to tell but others it is just seeing them killing it every day!!!
- My Favorite motivational quote
- ” Be the best YOU, not better then someone else”. This is not an “official” quote but it is something I try to instill in my kids and even other Mom’s who talk to me about their fitness or body image. We are all different and comparisons can really lead you down a dark hole. I ran 8 marathons and 4 half marathons and people would always focus on “what is your time or what is your goal to finish”. The average person can not run 26.2 miles so it took me a few years to realize just finishing was pretty amazing no matter what my time!! I think it is really important to celebrate your own PERSONAL accomplishments and be happy for others about what they have done rather then compare!!!
- My Favorite food indulgence
- This is horrible, I am a Coke Zero (diet Coke) addict. My weakness is dessert which I have completely cut out and only indulge on my birthday or with family members!
- My Favorite fitness activity besides teaching
- I love to run, I don’t run as many miles as when marathon training but I run 3 miles every day, It is like having morning coffee (which I don’t drink), I get up and go usually at 5:30 a.m, it invigorates me! I love to hike. Going to the Beach for walks, playing tennis and playing basketball or any sports with my kids! One of my favorite things is traveling and going for a run, walk or hike. Feeling the different climates as well as familiarizing myself with new surroundings on foot is exciting to me.